Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Saturday, May 12, 2012

But I'm Angry Too

Every soldier in a battlefield has their own way of dealing with the enemy. Some choose to run into it straight, full charge ready to attack. Some choose to stay silent and attack when no one's looking. Some choose deception, distract the enemy and attack him when he isn't paying attention. In fact, some do not like attacking at all. Some would choose negotiating to come at a solution. But nonetheless, everyone has their own way.

There are lots of arguments in my family. Ever since I was a kid. And my reaction to it when face with a problem, I walk away. And that is me until now.

When someone gets upset with me, either with something I did or didn't do, I just sigh..and not do anything about it. I don't console them, I don't tell them they're right or they're wrong. I just keep silent and see what happens. Maybe this is some sort of fort to save myself from getting hurt. Or perhaps this is some kind of a tactic, so that I don't get angrier and yell, say things I will regret in the future. Maybe this isn't a protection for me, but a protection for everyone else.

I'm only like that with people I'm close to. To people I'm not that close to, I explain. The silent treatment is what I learned from my family freuds, and I use this on anyone that I care about.

It's just like that.

If you're angry at me I am just going to let you stay angry.

Until this is forgotten and we get to move on and go back to normal.
But then again, if you choose to hold on to your anger, that's your choice.

Like I said, we all have our own way of dealing with things.

No comments:

Post a Comment