Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013

Reading all the new year's posts on Facebook made me realise how I don't feel much about it. It's just another day, another year of the many years to come. It's a fixed cycle (unless another 'apocalypse' comes up) and because it is inevitable, I feel so indifferent about it.

But I have to agree with the start of the new year, there is just this enormous feeling of hope. Hope for better things, hope for change. I guess it's because of the whole 'NEW'. Everyone's posting new years resolution and I can also recall having posted mine on this blog the last new year. Haven't accomplished much from THOSE resolutions but have experienced much more.

I really want this year to be different. Something about turning 21 this year marks a huge transition. It isn't like any other age, but this is significant. No, wait, every age is significant. I don't know, turning 21 is just special. No, not the birthday party or the 'key'. More like the beginning of adulthood. The twenties.

So I really want 2013 to be different. But then again, I wished that for 2012 too. And 2011.

Okay, I should really stop contradicting myself.

I will try my best to make this year count.

No comments:

Post a Comment