Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Random. Again. Should come up with more clever post titles

Went down with Darsh to give Jo his M&Ms. He has a thing for it, huge craving at 12am. Anyways, we sat at the park benches and sorta talked. Well, they talked, I listened.
The moon was really pretty..the clouds around it formed a pattern, as in it's drawing attention to the moon, but it also has it's own beauty.
And the stars were clear, scattered around the clouds.
It looked like the kind of night I would take pictures of.
But I couldn't, because I broke my phone camera. Destruction hands.

Oh, forgot my point.

Ahh. got it. Jo was holding a notebook in his hand. Curious, Darsh asked him what's the notebook for. He explained it's to take notes. Turns out from beginning of first year, heck even before, he hasn't been doing any notes. He has just read through, and read it again before the exam, and that was it. He felt that a few subjects in CA3 has new terms he can't remember, so he decided to start writing notes.
Jo does really good, mind you.

I know a handful of people like that. People who can just read over 20 chapts each of 7 subjects TWICE and score their exams. Gifted, people call it.
I wonder what it's like to be like that.

I would be on page 12 and when I read page 14 and feel something confusing, I gotta go back to page 12. I finished one chapter and in the middle of the other, I'll get confused and go back to the previous chapter. I told this to my dad and he says it's because I'm not concentrating.
No, that's not it. I do concentrate, every word, as if I'm drinking it. But it just doesn't go in, not like that.

I wonder if they know they're gifted. I wonder if they know how frustrating it is to have to read something over and over again, and forget it the next minute. I wonder if they know that I'd give anything to be in their shoes.

I'm not comparing or anything, it's just, sure, everyone is gifted with some sort of a talent. How does it happen?  How did God plan it?
Random numbering?
According to His mood?

If everyone has their gifts, what's mine?
I don't think I've any actually.
Except maybe complicating situations, hurting people and being a brat.
If THAT's a gift, I'm a huge present.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone has it? That ability to just excel just like that?
Then it wouldn't even matter. Everyone would be able to follow their dreams.
A doctor, a lawyer, a painter.. No matter what, you would just be good in it. And happy, contented, that you're doing something you love.

I know I know. God is like ''But then darling, you wouldn't learn ANYTHING''.
(Yes, I do that. Make sentences as if God's talking to me).

This is really some crappy random post.
I should go sleep. It's almost 1.30, and I've class at 9am.



No comments:

Post a Comment