Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Monday, March 3, 2014

Her

I just watched the movie 'Her' and I was honestly surprised.
I can't remember the last time I was actually deeply moved by a movie.
I guess I've been watching really lame movies (of the comedy genre) all these while, so then when one comes along and sweep me off my feet, I'm just like stunned.

I think this is a really good movie for our generation to watch. Tech and social networking aside, I feel that it shows true connection. How two people ( more or less ) can hit it off perfectly. Doesn't matter where they're from, their past, their form or looks. Sometimes you can connect with someone deeply and in every aspect, mentally, physically and emotionally. And that is connection right there. In its rarest form.

Rare because sometimes people let other issues get in the way of it. Ego, being materialistic, popularity .. if this connection comes with a price, people aren't just willing to pay it. Not everyone, of course. Most of them.

Which is just sad, because when you are able to connect with someone on every levels, connect with THAT one or two people out of the billions of people walking the earth, would you not treasure it?

But then again, I think people just take things for granted. They shrug it off now but 10 years down the road, they will look back and think, 'How did I let go of something so special?'. And then comes regret.

Though, if you do have it, and you are aware of it being special and you do not take it for granted .. Well, that's something beautiful. And not everyone is gifted to have that.

Currently....certainly not me.

Him : I've never loved anyone like this before.
Her : Me too ... But now we know how.


No comments:

Post a Comment