Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Friday, March 9, 2012

It doesn't matter how you do it,

as long as you do it.

About God.
There are people who will tell you that the way you do it is wrong.
They may say things like ''she talks to God like He's some kind of a hippy'' or ''she knows nothing about the Bible'' just because you don't recite Bible verses every day of your life.

Don't let them bother you.

You can talk to Him any way you're comfortable with. :)

Because not everyone is born into a religious family (though that is very ideal :) ). Everyone is born into different situations and while some find it right to kneel and pray, others may find it uncomfortable.

I think you can best talk to Him when it's quiet and when you're alone. That is when you can truly get in touch with your feelings and thoughts and listen to Him reaching out to you.

But the way I do it? I like talking to Him every part of my day. I can be walking back to my apartment, looking at the beautiful sky and say ''Ohhh heyy, check out Your art today, it's beautiful. :) '' . And when something embarassing happens to me, I say out loud, ''God is laughinggg..sighh''. And I mean it. I include him on every emotion I feel, that way I feel like He is constantly watching me.

I don't open in prayer because I never close it. And I'm comfortable that way. There are times when I sit quietly and pray. But I talk to him every other part of the day too.

I know of people who didn't know how to talk to God and Jesus because they grew up not having prayed any one day of their lives. So the priest said, to put a chair facing them, and talk to the chair as if Jesus is there, sitting down and listening. Worked like a charm.

So you stick to your own way.
If you feel comfortable blogging to God, writing letters to Him, talking to Him or even talking to Him through a chair, do it.
Don't let people tell you it's wrong and that their way is right.

Because well, I know Him.
And yes,
it really doesn't matter how you reach out to Him..
as long as you do. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well said, Darsh!! :) ohh and I wish just like facebook, blog too have like button so I can like this post, cuz yes, its beautifully said!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you so much Anna. This is just my personal opinion, as I've had people telling me I do it wrong. :) But I realise that I'm comfortable with the way I do it and yea, this is what I think. :)

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete