Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Friday, March 9, 2012

People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine

A lot of things have been going on I guess, and I have been occupied. Either with my studies, my thoughts, my emotions, my daily activities. Most of my time goes to studying and thinking. Thinking about everything.

I am not a strong person, and no matter how many times I repeat to myself that I am, I know I am not there yet. I would love to stand up and tell people what I really think about them, because..well, if they can do that to me, why do I still worry about hurting their feelings?

The FACT is I am better. And that I know. Because the fact that I care and still feel, I know that I've reached maturity and understanding, rather than all the immature people who calls themselves mature. More like blinding themselves.

My opinion.

Well anyways, I just wanted to blog one last post about everything that has happened and the very valuable lessons that I have learned.

1. People can be nice to you on the outside and be nasty behind your back.
I should really work on my people perception. Honestly, I believe people easily. I always said that we should give people the benefit of the doubt, but after what happened, I've realised that I don't JUST give people the benefit of the doubt, I perceive them as doing all the goodness. In my head, I'm always justifying them. *shrug* Shouldn't do that kan? haha.

2. People are nice to you only if you're not in their way of getting something they want.
Uh huh. There are people whom you would never have imagined, to use you in that way. And then justifying their actions by pointing out many other's mistakes. It's a fallacy really, arguing about those who are arguing rather than the argument itself. For people like that, it is VERY hard to talk sense into them. Because they are always going to find ways to prove you wrong, even if you're right. You just gotta learn to walk away sometimes. Because you can only help a person so far, they gotta help themselves too.

3. People exaggerate because they love drama.
I suppose from watching all the series, they'd like to implement Gossip Girl and Desperate Housewives into real life. Hey, no doubt, it makes life interesting, but pointless dramas get you nowhere. It exhausts you. Mentally, emotionally, and it also takes up a lot of your time. When people try to stir up something with you, just walk away. You don't need the drama, and the people, well, think about it. Thoroughly.

4. Do not classify people into two groups : the good and the bad. It doesn't work that way.
It really doesn't. The 'good' you know now can do bad things and the 'bad' you know now can do good things. It may surprise you. The latter is a good surprise, the former, well, not so much. Learned that the hard way. People whom you once considered 'best friends' can use you and throw your years of friendship away for a guy they know on facebook for a month. Those who goes around preaching about God and reciting Bible verses can go around bitching about people and saying pointless nasty things, without any proof. Anyone can say they have the right to their own opinions, but I think it is their opinions that make them who they are. See what kind of thoughts lies in their heads, and you know the people they really are.
Do not classify people into two groups, rather classify people into choices. People can make good choices and bad choices. And it's okay. As long as they one day learn from their mistakes.

5. You can only be responsible for what you say and not for what others understand.
So choose your words wisely. And if the other party does not understand no matter how many times you explain it to them, then well, there's nothing you can do about it. Smile and walk away.

6. Don't let people's opinions about you get to you.
As long as you know who you are and the things you do, as long as you know your values and you stick by them, you're fine. People throw rocks at things that shine.

7. Note the people who stand by your side, and the people who walk away.
And appreciate the ones who stay. Love them and let them know that they are indeed very important. Tell them that they make you happy, that they brighten up your days. Tell them everyday, and if they forget, remind them.

8. No matter what happens, you can always turn to God.
Some might say He doesn't respond but you have to listen closely and hear him out. You can hear Him in the quietness of the day or while reading His word. You can always find comfort when you talk to Him, because even when the world is against you or you're down on your knees, just tell yourself 'God Knows'. God knows everything. He knows your strength and your weaknesses, He knows you and all of you. He sees. I've also come to learned that sure, I might have a strong drive to stand up for justice and the weak, stand up for those who have no say and those who are scared to speak up..but sometimes, you can't make much of a difference. And at a time when you feel that the cause you're fighting for is letting you down, you just need to remind yourself that the only one you should be standing up for is God. All the other goodness and values comes in the package.


''For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.''


And above all, I've learned to honestly, forgive, forget and let go. Only the strong can do that, and this is why I say I'm weak. But I'm working on it. :)


And yea, people throw rocks at things that shine.
Honest, people who doesn't have me in their lives, it's their loss. I go to sleep every night knowing that for sure. It's not bragging but I know my capabilities. I know how much I love and how much I care. Throughout these messes, I've learned a lot on my gifts. My spirit, passion, love, care and my strength for those who I love.
I can honestly tell you that you can't find another person like me out there. For all those who really truly know me, they'd agree.
No, not bragging. I just try to be the best person I possibly can and I never stop trying.

I've learned from these life lessons. I can only pray that they've learned too. :)

And with this,
With the messes they brought and their leaving,
I close this chapter of my book.
And I'm never going to open them again.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment