Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rufus & Lily

Rufus: He doesn't appreciate everything you have over an attractive 25-year-old mannequin. 'Cause beauty fades, but yours has done an ingredible job of holding on. And in the long run it's going to be his loss. And I thought he should know how it feels to lose you, 'cause trust me it's not fun.




They're my favourite Gossip Girl's couple. Yeah, to think that I'd actually go for those teen romance but no, one if the main reasons I love gossipgirl is because of rufus and lily. I love their love story, and I think it's a great one.

Lily: I'm rambling, and I'm nervous, and you make me nervous.
Rufus: That's a good thing, right?


I love how their love lasts for so many years. How they could not be together because of situations. How they let things come between them, and years passes and they're still deeply in love with each other, no matter how much they deny it to themselves.

Rufus: I never should have let you... let me go.



I love how they're always there for each other. Even when she was married to someone else, or he on the search for the 'one', they were still friends (with hidden feelings of course). I love how they always think of others, put others first before themselves. Like how Lily put her mum first when they were teens. How both Rufus and Lily put their kids first (Dan and Serena were a couple) instead of them getting together..which would make Dan and Serena bro-sis. But in the end, Rufus and Lily..well, they work out.

Lily: Thank you... for last night, it was...
Rufus: Amazing. (phone ringing) It's Bart.
Lily: That's what I was afraid of.
Rufus: You want me to answer it?
Lily: You want me to kill you?

This couple's meant to be. And the best part? They're the total opposite of each other.. Like puzzle pieces, that just fits. :)

Rufus: I wanted to prove that I could exist in both your world and mine.
Lily: Oh Rufus, I don't care what anyone thinks. You exist in our world and that's the only world that matters.

And unlike the teens in this series, they didn't need drugs, alcohols or sex to keep their love alive. All they need and have, is love. :)

Oh lastly, I love how they get on each other's nerves. Ain't that sweet? Awhhh :)

Rufus answering the phone: This better not be my wife.
Lily: Rufus, do you always answer the phone like that?
Rufus: Lily?
Lily: Listen, I need your son's cellphone number. It's an emergency.
Rufus: A real emergency or a Lily emergency?
Lily: I have a situation here.
Rufus: A situation? Your son is with your daughter and my kid. I trust them. Why don't you?
Lily: Rufus—
Rufus: Goodbye Lily. Always a pleasure.



Lily: We make quite the team.
Rufus: Always did.


No comments:

Post a Comment