Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Why can't we be friends?

I'm thinking about all the incidents that had occur recently.. Regarding friendship. Stories of back-stabbing and lies and hatred, are all flooding until every status updated on facebook, is a dedication, and most, not at all nice. From my opinion, I don't think there's anyone at fault really. Things happen. Sometimes people say something, and it sounds mean. Sometimes people hear one thing and misinterpret it for another. Sometimes the stories you hear and not true.

But sometimes, you believe. You believe the stories, eventhough at first it seems weird and unlikely. And then you start seeing it. The question here is that are you seeing what you really are seeing, or are you just seeing what you want to see, what you want to believe?

And this resulted in so many disagreements, so many break-ups, until many has to take sides. Both party ends up being hurt, and everyone just pretends nothing happened, pretending that they're the superior being, and that they're much better off.

I don't see it that way.. well, at least I don't want to. I think no one wants to get hurt, and no one wants to hurt others. It's just a series of coincidence that makes it seem something, that is actually not there. That it's all a misunderstanding.

And even though, if, let's say that person deliberately WANTS to hurt the other, I think this is the learning process. We need to learn how to control our anger, our jealousy, our hatred. To be human, we do have these feelings, but the key is mastering them.

I am of no exception. There are times when I get extremely jealous, when I get angry seeing others obtaining gifts or talents, obtaining success without any hardship. I am very capable of mustering hatred until every cell in my body feels like it's on fire. But I think I'm still safe, because there's something in me that tells me these feelings are wrong. I forgive myself for feeling this way, but I have to improve. I have to muster every strength in my body to only be capable of loving, caring, trusting and especially forgiving. Because I want to learn, because I want to improve. Because I want to be a better person.

And I do believe this is the way it should be for everyone. To want to improve themselves. Not to go ahead minding their own business, continuing hurting others and themselves in the process. Sure, I do know that it's an individual choice, but wouldn't it make the world a better place by doing the former instead of the latter?

It may be hard at first ..to apologise, and to forgive.. But then it gets easier. Cause time heals all wounds.

Remember that story our lecturer told us? About how one day a doctor was raped on the way home, and a few days later a patient walked into her office for a check-up and it was her raper? And instead of chasing him out, she treated him, just like any other patient of hers. I think that is really admirable.

So if a doctor can forgive her raper, a mother can forgive her child who committed murder, a daughter can forgive her parents for abandoning her.. Wouldn't it be easier for us? A group of young teens can forgive each other for a few mistakes here and there, right? :)

At the end of the day, it's just ''Why can't we be friends?''. You see, God would not have made us meet if He didn't want us too. This is a plan.
We are all part of each others' lives for a reason. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment