Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Um right.

So we had the cultural night tonight .. Well, I guess now it's LAST NIGHT cause it's 2a.m in the morning. Won't blog much but just this small thing to say, about the Eunuch's presentation.

Well, with respect, in my opinion *though I know no one's asking for it but yeah, syok sendiri ..biasa lah ==*, I don't see the whole ''It's improper'' .. ''It's obscene'' ..''As a woman, I feel insulted'' .
??

Why you wonder? Because this group presented castration in men, and they used a model, made out of a plastered balloon to represent the penis and the scrotum of the men (and yes, they showed the actual cutting of it). And the judges got pissed. They refused to watch. One of them walked out. And the head judge refused to give any marks.

The irony ? We're a MEDICAL college.

Funny ain't it? We're gonna be trained medicine practitioners, and we're going to deal with this kind of thing in the future, but for them it's an insult. ?

MEDICAL COLLEGE???
MEDICAL?
MEEEEDDDDIIIIIICCCAAAALLLL?

I agree it would be improper if it is done in, I dont know, a primary school, secondary school. talk show, family gathering..
But a culture presentation in a MEDICAL COLLEGE?
Their group was the only ONE of the two groups that presented a culture and still connected them to the medical field. (we have 10 groups in total). So I think that's actually pretty excellent.

I don't think what they did was obscene. In fact, I am VERY PROUD of them for taking on such a big topic, a heavy one too, than the rest of us who did things like The Bon Odori Dance. They took a risk, and they presented it well. If only the judges would look pass the ''improper-ness'' , then they would see it was a good presentation as they got the message across well.

Oh, and I'm also proud of my friends to have done it maturely, unlike some other KIDS my age who I know would be playing around.

Okay, emotions aside, the judges should have used CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Instead of
''As a woman, I feel INSULTED'' , perhaps something more of a ''I don't think this is proper, especially since there are ladies in the room'' ..or something.

Science shows people learn better with constructive criticism. Honestly, look it up.


But who am I to say anything right? I am not an experienced professor with 30 years of teaching. So yeah, we should listen to the lecturers. Perhaps they would have done better by taking something light, maybe about food or a dance. Then it won't be insulting. Plus who knows? Doctors may have to perform in hospitals too.

*please note all the sarcasms used in this blog post*

P/S : Bloggers are entitled to their point of view. TQ. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment