Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A ghost story

Today we heard that a friend of ours overheard some 'stuffs' going on in her apartment around 4a.m, sounds that are not 'normal', especially not at that time of night. That story got me curious but that was just about it.

Later today, Vino, Renee and I stayed back at campus to study and the guard uncle was there. He told us about a few years ago when they kept the bodies *dead bodies* at our campus for the medical students to operate on..and how when he was there at night, he would hear sounds of people talking and crying..even there was no one there. He told us how at first how he was scared and then he got used to it..

Then when Vinosha told me that we should get used to it because as doctors we'd be dealing with stuffs like this everyday, it was like I got smacked on the face with a big book. It's true, and even though there are so many 'paranormal occurence in hospitals' stories in my head, but yet I never realised that I would actually have to deal with it someday. Those late nights calls..duty.. I shudder just at the thought of it.

The truth is, ever since that incident occur in my apartment (paranormal), I've been afraid of the dark. I jumped at every noise I hear and I still have nightmares every now and then. When I hear the door shut suddenly (due to the wind) or when the sound of keys (neighbours), my first thought quickly jumps to 'paranormal' and then, the realisation sets in. Most of the times it's not me, I'm scared subconciously. Like when I hear a noise, eventhough my head is trying to depicher it, my heart races..the fear. My heart knows it.

''Once you've seen the darkness, you can never go back'' - The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Imagine me going through this when I was just an eye-witness, imagine my friend who actually went through it. She's so brave. Anyways, yeah.. I'm still afraid. And that is my mind playing tricks on me. Imagine if it's real.

I'll have to have strong faith in God (which I'm trying to build), courage and believe in myself. Of all things I'm looking forward to when I'm doing my housemanship (and after) ..dealing with the paranormal is the last thing on my list. Heck, it's not even on my list.

Unless if it's Casper.

No comments:

Post a Comment