Quotes

"It is not in the stars that hold our destiny but in ourselves."

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nobody.

I always get so absorbed into books. I spent the entire day reading today. Sat by the window beside the piano and read. I don't usually sit there because I preferred my leather couch. Even on a hot day, the leather couch would feel cold.

But today I went over to the window. And sat there, listened to the water running in the fountain and I read.

I remembered today, for a while, I closed the book and began thinking about the characters. I thought for so long when I finally looked at the clock, an hour and a half had passed by.

And when I get so absorbed into books, I get absorbed into the characters' emotions as well. This novel I'm currently reading centers around death, love and longing. And how everyone just yearns to get away. It's sorta a depressing book with a secret beneath all the lies.

Before I read this book, I checked the reviews online. I always liked doing that. To expect what lies ahead so I won't be disappointed. The reviews were bad. Many said they were let down, it was boring.. and compared to Audrey's The Time Traveller's Wife, this is rather disappointing.

Her Fearful Symmetry.

But I don't feel it's boring at all.
Maybe it's because I understand the characters. Deeply at that.
To have loved and lost. And to yearn.
But also, I wonder, to have lost someone he loved for years. Someone who had became a part of him. So when she's gone, how does he move on exactly? To always feel like there's a part of you missing. Restless, tired. Feeling like wanting the feeling gone but nothing to do about it. People speak about ''accepting lost and moving on'' but how do they know exactly how does one feel?
Perhaps you can get over someone you loved once before, what's there to say it would be the same for someone else?

I think, love, everyone loves, yes.
But no one, loves the same.

So I've been going around the house feeling depressed.
Good news, I'm coming to an end. haha..

Will blog about the story soon. Well, maybe.
But I think maybe not.
I'd just rather not think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment